Horrifying Penalties for Sheltering the Over-Stayers After Performing Hajj and Umrah

Saudi authorities are very strict when it comes to imposing penalties on the people who help the Hajj or the Umrah pilgrims by providing them shelter to overstay in Saudi Arabia. Over stayers are penalized too as well as those people who helped them.

Punishments of sheltering the Hajj and Umrah over stayer

1. If the violator is an expatriate resident, his fines are SR 10 000 or a one-month imprisonment or both along with the termination of his Iqama and deportation.

2. If the violator is a citizen, his fines are SR 10 000 and a minimum of two weeks imprisonment for the first offense. SR 20 000 and one-month imprisonment for the second offense and SR 30 000 and three months imprisonment for the third offense.

read more


Mind-Blowing Penalties for Pilgrims Working on Umrah Visa

People coming for Hajj or Umrah are not allowed to work either voluntarily or with pay. Saudi government treats each individual very seriously.

Around ten years ago, people used to come on visit visa and work without any problem but things are different nowadays. The Saudi government authorized agencies in every country and they will be accountable if an Umrah visitor does not go back from Saudi Arabia in a given time.

Hence, Umrah and Hajj visitors who will be caught by the government working somewhere or overstayed pilgrims will be penalized in the following way:

read more


How to Extend Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia?

The greatest pleasure an expatriate living in Saudi Arabia will ever have is to invite his family in KSA either on family visit visa or permanent family visa.

Once your family is here in Saudi Arabia, you can make extensions of their visit visa to extend their stay. This article is about the process on how to apply for the extension of the family visit visa through Istiqdam. You also can apply for the extension of family visit visa online.

Rules for Extension of Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam

  1. If visit visa is stamped for 30 days, it can be extended 5 times. It means that your total stay in KSA will be 180 days.
  2. If visit visa is issued for 90 days, it can be extended once. It means that your totals stay in the Kingdom is 180 days.

Process to apply for extension of family visit visa through Istiqdam

  1. You can apply for extension of family visit visa one week before the expiration date of the visit visa.  The following documents are required fort the family visit visa extension in Saudi Arabia:
  • Original passport of the visitors ( copy of passport front, back and visa page must be accompanied )
  • Original Iqama of the Kafeel along with the copy ( if you are the sponsor of the visit visa, your Iqama is needed )
  • Passport form to be filled by you
  • Photograph in passport size with white background
  • SR 100 for payment fee
  • Online tokens for the residents of Dammam and Riyadh
  1. Go to Jawazat Office around 9am for it is less crowded. Ask the persons on the Jawazat office to fill all the requirements needed and they will fill the form for you too. If you haven’t paid the SR 100, they can pay it on your behalf too. They will charge you SR 20 to 30 for their service and guide you with the remaining process. He will direct you to a place where you can get a token. Once you have a token in your hand, you are ready for the next step.
  1. Once your turn comes, the officer will check all your documents and once they are all fine, they will give you an extension. Check the expiry date of the visit visa and see if it the final extension. You cannot process the extension again if it is final extension.


Online token, if you are living in Dammam and Khobar, you need to apply for an online token. You can apply for the website of Jawazat.

read more


Penalty for Hajj and Umrah Visitors on Unauthorized Travel in the Kingdom

Umrah and Hajj visas are issued to pilgrims who want to travel to Holy Places of Makkah and Madina. If you are on a Hajj or Umrah visa, you are not allowed to move or visit any other city without the permit from Hajj or Umrah Administration.

If a Hajj or Umrah visitor is caught traveling to any other city without this approval, he will be detained and transferred to a detention center called Tarheel. A fine of SR 10 000 will be imposed to him and he can’t move to his city without paying the exact amount. After paying the fine, he will then be deported to his country in his own expense.

read more


Drivers Caught Using Mobile Phones While Driving Will Face Jail Term and a Minimum of SR 500 in Penalties

Saudi Traffic Violation: Traffic accidents happen to be really common in Saudi Arabia and currently, the rate of occurrence for road accidents is pretty alarming at 24 of 100,000 traffic related deaths each year. Since Saudi Arabia has a population of around 30 million, around 7,200 people die due to road mishaps.

Among the reasons for these traffic accidents is using mobile phones while driving. Given the alarming statistics, the Government implemented a new law to address this problem. With the enactment of this law, drivers caught fiddling with their devices while driving will be fined heavily and jailed. General Department of Traffic Safety Director, Brig. Gen. Ali Al-Rashidi said that this law will take immediate effect. A driver found speeding would be sent three text messages, after which they will be asked to appear at the traffic office.
“If the person fails to appear at the given date and time, the department will automatically suspend all his traffic services, and slap a penalty,” he said.

read more


Saudi Families Entitled to A Maximum of Five Expat Visas

Expat Saudi Visas: Every family in Saudi Arabia is entitled to hire expat workers to service their homes. Saudi Families can hold a maximum of 5 visas for expat workers in their homes using the Musaned website. Meanwhile, expat families together with citizens married to foreigners can hold 2 expat visas.

Families of Saudi nationality can recruit a household worker one man and one woman, a nanny, a butler, a private driver as well as a nurse of any gender. Saudi or foreign women who are “widowed or divorced from a Saudi citizen with children” are allowed to hire a driver and a household worker.

read more


Driving in KSA: What Happens When A Driver is Caught Transporting A Passenger With Expired Iqama?

Driving in KSA: Knowing the people sitting with you on the car whether they are relatives or strangers is the responsibility of every driver and the duty of conveying people to their destination involves checking their Iqama validity or residence permit.

In instances when your passenger is not carrying an Iqama or their Iqama has already expired, it is not legal to transport them anywhere in Saudi Arabia. There will be heavy penalties imposed the car’s driver as people with expired Iqamas are considered as illegal residents.

read more


8 Mind-blowing facts About the New Muqeem (Iqama) Resident Card

Saudi Arabia’s Government announced that from 2015 onward, the new Muqeem (Iqama) Resident Card,  will be the new Resident Identity Card for all expatriates who are residing in the Kingdom. The Muqeem Card will replace the Iqama starting on October 14, 2015 which is the Islamic New Year 1437 Hijri’s First Day.

Deputy Premier and Ministry of Interior, Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Naif already launched the Muqeem resident card in Riyadh. With this launch, the name of the resident card was changed from Iqama to Muqeem. Since the entire process will be done online and the new resident cards will be sent through Saudi Post, there is no need for companies or individuals to visit any office.

read more


How To Compute Your End of Service Benefits in Saudi Arabia

End of Service Benefits (ESB) or a gratuity check have been historically given to employees in the Kingdom. People who worked for the same company for years were given a huge sum of money when they leave.

The law provides for the payment of this benefit after completing years of service.This mechanism was designed to help people save when they leave a company.

Since the amount is not too big for 2 to 3 years of service, workers should be responsible enough as adults not to spend this on consumer items and save it up for their future.

read more