According to the Ministry of Haj in Saudi, there are about 1.8 million pilgrims who arrived and 500,000 more people with visas are still to come. Incoming pilgrims include 455,000 Egyptians and 333,000 Pakistanis just for the first quarter alone of 2016.
Now if you are coming in the Kingdom for this activity, this article will help you identify the procedure of checking if someone is eligible to perform Hajj in Saudi Arabia. This procedure is exclusive for residents of Saudi Arabia or Saudi Nationals.
Rules Governing the Eligibility of Hajj
You are not allowed to perform Hajj within 5 years of performing Hajj if you are a Saudi National or a resident of Saudi Arabia. If you performed Hajj when you were single and now that you are married, you are eligible together with your wife even the following year.
Step by step process to check eligibility of Hajj
- Open the website of Ministry of Interior and choose “english” on the left upper corner of the website. Registration is a must in order to enter the portal.
- Select “e-service” under the logo of Ministry of Interior.
- Select “passport” on the left side of the page.
- Select “ public query Hajj eligibility” from the drop down list.
- Enter your Iqama number and image code in the space provided.
- If you haven’t performed the Hajj during the last 5 years, the message “eligible for Hajj this year” will appear on the screen.