How to Apply for an Exit Visa for a New Born Child in Saudi?

The birth of your baby should be one of the most memorable, life-changing, and joyful experiences of your life. You will want to spend time thinking through the details of your hopes and desires for this special event.

And when you are an expat, giving birth in Saudi Arabia is not easy to do especially if your wife don’t have health insurance. And if after birth your wife decides to go home, there are procedures that you need to follow so that they can easily go back to your home country.

1. If your wife is expecting to give birth within the next 30 days, follow these steps to register your baby in KSA on time. You must get an appointment from Ahwal-Madni. You can get an appointment through online if you have an account on MOI website. You need to contact the Ahwal e Madni of the city where your child has taken birth.

2. After giving birth, get the birth notification of your baby form the hospital where he/she is born. Make sure all the important details are mentioned such as you and your family Iqama ID, name, birthdate, and time on your baby’s birth notification. See to it that the birth notification has a stamp of the hospital and with signature of doctors and nurses. Birth notification is issued by the Ministry of health.

3. Prepare the documents before you visit Ahwal-Madni for your baby’s governmental birth certificate.

4. Copy of your appointment. The person who is responsible in giving tokens in Ahwal e Madni will check the time and the date on your appointment letter. He will give you a token after he is finished checking your application letter. You should go there on the date and the time mentioned on your appointment paper. You should bring with you the ff:

  • The copy of baby’s birth notification issued by the hospital
  • Iqama copy of the baby’s father
  • Passport copy of baby’s father
  • Passport copy of baby’s mother
  • Form 87. (It is available on the MOI website and outside of the Ahwal-Madni. All forms should be filled with Arabic.)

5. Take the birth certificate issued by the Civil Affairs to your embassy or consulate to apply for the passport of the baby. You need to verify the certificate from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You may have to translate the documents into English and verify it to your embassy

8. Once your child has already a passport, he can go back to his own country along with the mother, your wife. The Immigration Officer may request for the original birth certificate issued by the Civil Affairs. After examining the document, they will stamp your child’s passport.

  • samk

    any one reply pls. can i get my son final exit visa without iqama he have valid birth certifiacte n pasport


      I have same case, Please share me your contact number, so we can have discuss. please
      +966-540210414 (Call/Whatsapp)

      • samk

        bro..exit not possible wihtout iqama should make compulsory iqama then final exit is possible.

        • Faisal Nawaz

          Hey, I have asked the jawazaat guys at abha airport, they said they will need only the birth certificate issued by ahwal Madni to get your baby out of the kingdom.
          Any info update on this matter please share at WhatsApp 0592188734.