If you want to visit Saudi Arabia for a business purpose, you need to have a business visit visa on your passport. Business visit visa is different from investor’s visa offered by many countries.
Inventor’s visa is granted by the government to companies who want to invest in their country. You need to have a sponsor to have a business visit visa in Saudi Arabia. This could be an establishment and not an individual. And if you want to apply for a business visit visa from your country, there is a procedure to be followed.
This article will explain the procedures on how to apply for a business visit visa. You can also hire an agent from your country to do the mentioned activities on your behalf. You just need to pay him SR 500 to SR 1000 for the processing of your visa (circumstances vary). However, if you choose to do it by yourself, you need to do the following procedures, and meet all these requirements.
Requirements for Business Visit Visa of Saudi Arabia
- The visitor should have a valid passport for at least six months with two clear pages adjacent to each other.
- You need to have a one latest picture with white background.
- The application form for the business visit visa should be filled up with black ink or be printed electronically.
- Applicant must present a letter addressed to the Royal Embassy of his home country to confirm his position in the local country. It should be stated that the employee is sent on a business visit visa of Saudi Arabia.
- The applicant is required to present a copy of business registration of the company where he is working.
- There should be a letter from the sponsor in Saudi Arabia certified by the Chamber of Commerce and is stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The applicant should also present a copy of sponsor’s registration in Saudi Arabia.
- A copy of National Identity Card of the country from which the applicant is applying for a business visit visa.
- Applicant must pay the visa fee online in a website of Saudi Government called Enjaz. The visa fee is $270.00 for US passport holders for single and multiple entries and $54.00 for a single entry and $134.00 for multiple entries for non-US citizens. If you would like to hire an agent that will help you in processing a business visit visa, you should select one of the authorized agents of Saudi Embassy or Foreign Office of your country. Once you already completed the required documents, you have to submit them to the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in your country. Once the visa is processed, all you have to do is to book for your ticket going to Saudi Arabia.
Some considerations for business visit visa
- The applicant of business visit visa for Saudi Arabia should follow the guidelines before entering the country.
- The applicant is not allowed to overstay even a single day after the expiration of the business visit visa. There are punishments and penalties that you may face in case that you will overstay.
- Acquiring a business visit visa gave you no right to work for someone aside from your sponsor.
- Before entering Saudi Arabia, you are advised to know the rules and regulations of the said country.
- If you are planning to bring your family along with you in Saudi Arabia, you will prepare an Escort Visa.
- You are not allowed to open your bank account in Saudi Arabia if you are on a business visit visa.
- You can’t apply for Saudi Driving License for this visa. But if you have an international driving license then you are allowed to drive a vehicle for a maximum period of 90 days.