How to Apply for the Iqama of Your Child?

There are detailed processes, sometimes rigorous, in order to apply for the Iqama of your newly born child. However, it becomes easy when you already have the information about it, on how to do it. One of the distinct part of the processes is getting the appointment from the Jawazat. Primarily because they will not accept your application if you do not have an appointment. So, here are the procedures that you need to follow in order to book an appointment with Jawazat, for the issuance of the iqama of your newly born baby.


  • In order to Book an Appointment with Jawazat for issuance of Iqama of newly born baby, you must have an online account with Ministry of Interior. If you do not have this account then you should get yourself registered with it. Recommended: Register for Abshir (MOI) Services click the English version.
  • If you already have an account with the Ministry of Interior, just login to this account. Process of logging into the account has been changed a little bit.
  • Once you have logged into your MOI account, just move your cursor to the “E-Services”. A drop down list will appear and you will have to move your cursor on the “Passports” and then click on the “Book an Appointment”.
  • A new page will appear in which you need to click on “Proceed to Service”.
  • A new page will appear in which you need to click on “Book New Appointment”.
  • In the next step, there are three boxes that you need to check one of them.
  •  Select the region where you want to go. Write the number of Iqamas you are going to apply, in my case I just click on the “select” in the actions column to select the particular available date.

A list of available appointments will appear in green boxes. Now it is up to you to choose anyone of them. In the next step, it will ask you to confirm the date of appointment. After that, you can simply print the ticket for appointment. Make sure you reach the Jawazat office on time.

Complicated situation

How to get an Iqama for children whose parents have no valid residence permit – mother is dependent to the husband, father does not have an Iqama?

There are some conditions in which a couple got married in their home country. Wife had Iqama so she came to Saudi Arabia and delivered a baby here. Now, as per the Saudi Authorities record, this wife is still single. the father declares that she is married, they will not renew her Iqama and ask him to transfer her sponsorship to the husband or send her to the home country of her husband. Now as the husband do not have an Iqama. Once you he arrived in Saudi Arabia, he will need to process the following steps to get Iqama for the child or children. If you are in this situation, here’s what you need to do:

  1. Before coming to Saudi Arabia, make sure that your marriage certificate is attested by the Saudi Embassy of the country where marriage took place.
  2. Make all arrangements to apply for the first Iqama. You can go here to get the details of the process.
  3. Once you have an Iqama in your hand, you can start the process of getting your wife transferred to your name. The procedure is very simple if you already have attested marriage certificate from Saudi Embassy in your home country.
  4. Once your wife is transferred to your name, you can start the process of getting birth certificate of your children.
  5. After getting birth certificate, you will have to apply for the passport of your child. The requirements and procedures for taking passport vary from country to country.
  6. Once the passport is issued, you can apply for the Iqama of your child. You will have to pay a fine of SR 1,000 per Iqama if the Iqama is applied one year after the birth date.