How to Transfer the Sponsorship of Your Family Members Under Your Sponsorship When Your Father Is Dead?

Wondering how to transfer sponsorship when the father or sponsor is dead? In Saudi Arabia, a large population of families lives under the sponsorship of their fathers. It becomes very tricky for families living in the kingdom in case their father dies and there are very vulnerable to deportation to their native country. This is highly possible unless one of the sons of the family is working on a job under different sponsorship of the employer it is possible for him to take the rest of the family members under his sponsorship i.e. mother, unmarried sister and other sibling below age 18.

Step 1- Collection Documents

  1. Write a letter in Arabic that outlines the reasons why you would like to transfer your Iqama which may due to passing away of the head of the family or any other reason apart from that. You can use (pay) the services from the translation service companies.
  2. You should acquire a salary certificate along with a NOC from the company which has employed you. It is necessary that the certificates regarding the same are stamped by the chamber of commerce and the profession on Iqama should coincide with your real profession.
  3. Get a certificate print from the GOSI and be keen in ensuring that the salary mentioned should be the same as that on the salary certificate.
  4. A copy of your passport and present valid Iqama.
  5. Valid copy of your birth certificate. Get the language on your Iqama translated to Arabic by the official translation center if it is not in Arabic.
  6. Passport copy and Iqama of your late father.
  7. A genuine copy of your Father’s death certificate. In case your father’s place of death occurrence is in your home country, the death certificate needs to be attested by MOFA of your country, MOFA Saudi Arabia and Saudi Embassy.
  8. Mother’s Iqama and her passport copy.
  9. Passport copy and Iqama of brother (which is applicable if he is under 18 years and a student at a school.)
  10. Copy of brother’s birth certificate.
  11. Unmarried sister’s Iqama and copy of passport.
  12. Copy of translated sister’s Birth Certificate.
  13. Letter of confirmation from brother’s school that is stamped by the KSA education Ministry.
  14. Confirmation Letter written by you that is explaining the marital status of your of your sister. A sister that is married is not legible for transferring sponsorship to your Iqama.
  15. A decent job title on the Iqama.

You should ensure that all these documents without leaving out anything. Proceed on to the Jawazzat in the Legal Affairs Department to hand in these documents. You will be issued a letter after all your documents are verified. The letter states the authenticity of your case and after that ensure that you bring back all the documents from Jawazzat.

Step 2- Certificate Letter from Court

There are various documents that you will require to have with you before you receive the letter from the court;

  1. A letter from Jawazat
  2. A total of four witnesses that will confirm of your father’s death and attest that you are a genuine guardian of the family
  3. Copies of original iqamas of the whole family

After ensuring that you have all this documents, you will have to head for the court where you will have your case registered and forwarded to the judge. Be very precise and accurate4 when your turn to address the judge comes by stating your name and the issue that you have forwarded to court. Always there is a translator in the court room for those that do not understand the Arab language. The judge will be convinced upon a series of questioning of the witnesses and after he is done, he will hand the paper to sign. You will be issued with the later after the witnesses have signed the paper.

Step 3- Returning to Jawazat

Now that you have the letter from court, you will have to attach to your documents and submit them. The Department of legal affairs will receive your submission and will register your case and inform you to return after several days that fall in between five to fifteen. The final phase of the transfer procedure will commence only if your case has been approved by court.

Step 4- Final Procedure of Transfer of Family Iqama

Upon recipient of the final approval from court by the Jawazat, the following activities will take place;

  1. All the finger prints of you and your family members will be enrolled onto the system. You will only do this if you have not done it before, therefore, head to the fingerprint enrollment department that will carry out the exercise.
  2. You have to make sure that the transfer form of the Iqama is filled by all the members of your family.
  3. The original and copies of your and your family’s Iqama and passports must be present.
  4. Take the final letter you received at Jawazat together with all the documents you have to the transfer of service department that is also at Jawazat. Upon doing this, all the family members will be transferred under your iqama. An SMS will be sent to you informing you to change thereafter. In order to confirm your status you can go to the Abshir account that is under the Sponsoree Services where all your family members will be listed. As long and tiresome as this whole procedure may look, you will just have to pass through it. Note that the renewal of the family Iqama is usually done after 2 years at a fee of 1,000 SAR per family member. The most important thing besides the fee is for you and your family to be together.

I hope by now you have noticed that there is no fee charged for the above procedure though there is a little cost that you will incur on the document part. A little advise for those that may be taking the services of the agent that sit outside the Jawazat is that though they may promise to undertake the whole procedure quickly it is illegal and highly punishable if you are caught. For their services, they charge a fee of around 2,000 to 4,000 SAR. If caught, you may not be able to get the iqama of you and your family transferred on your name. Therefore, be careful and always follow the right procedure.

These procedures and policies from the concerned ministry may change without prior notice. Always check the site of the government agency to get updated details.