This blog is a guide for those expats readers, of Saudi Arabia, who lost their Iqama or Muqeem ID card and are not aware of what to do after losing it. We have outlined a simple process that you can follow in case your Iqama or Muqeem card is lost.
First of all, when you lose your Iqama/Muqeem card which serves as your Identification Card in the Kingdom, you need to pay for the following fees:
- First time: SR 1000
- Second Time: SR 2000
- Third Time: SR 3000
Based on a story on Arab News Published on 24-03-2014, once the Iqama is stolen you have to report it within 24 hours so that you can avoid penalties.
So what should you do if you lost (or stolen) your Iqama or Muqeem? Here are the 7 steps that you need to follow:
- First off you should check where you could possibly find your Iqama or Muqeem card. If after trying to look for it, your Iqama can’t be found, report it to the employer who acts as your sponsor. Easy.
- In Arabic, make a written report on how it was lost and where. if you can’t write in Arabic, try grabbing some friends/colleagues who can do the job. After that, report the same to the police with the help of your company’s representative who handles the Iqama processing for employees or any representative as arranged by your company.
- The kafeel that sponsors you should make arrangements to have an Arabic note with the employer’s logo in the letterhead with the signature of the Chamber of Commerce which explains that you have lost your Iqama and where and when it happened. In the instance when you are employed by a government agency or when you have an occupation in the public sector such as Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabian Airlines, and SABIC where 50% of the capital is owned by the government.
- You need to pay the annual Iqama fee of SR 650 if your Iqama’s period is a year or less
- A certain representative should go to the Jawazat with the following:
- A Letter Pad containing an Arabic written Note
- Two Pictures
- Photocopy of the Lost Iqama
- Photocopy of your Passport
- Proof of Payment of the Fine amounting to SR 1000 and a fee amounting to SR 650
- Fully filled out Jawazat form
- When you have done everything on the list, you will be able to get the printed copy of your Muqeem/Iqama card on the same or the next day.
- Keeping your contact details just under your Iqama inside your wallet is highly recommended so that when your Iqama is lost, the one who found it could return it In Sha Allah.