Breathtaking mosque interiors: In a Muslim’s world, mosques are the most elaborate and delicate architectural wonders which are built by man. A single post would not even start to cover how awesome these structures are in their entirety so we will narrow it down to mosque ceilings – one thing that the faithful would be seeing each time their gazes go up to the heavens in worship.
This photo series will depict how geometric features and mathematics play a huge role in the Arab world’s Islamic architecture and in almost every place. The precise spiral shapes and repetitive geometric shapes are heavy reminders of delicate mandalas which are prominent in Buddhist art.
Iran, obviously, is a country known for its wide array of spectacular mosques but there are striking mosques which are located in other places as well.
1. Fatima Masumeh Shrine, Qom, Iran
2. Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran
3. Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran
4. Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran
5. Sheikh Lutf Allah Mosque,Isfahan, Iran
6. Vakil Mosque, Shiraz
7. Shah Mosque , Isfahan, Iran
8. Jalil Khayat Mosque, Arbil, Iraq
9. Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi, UAE
10. Taj Mahal Mosque Ceiling
11. Grand Mosque of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
12. Wazir Khan Mosque, Lahore, Pakistan
13. Fatima Masumeh Shrine, Qom, Iran
14. Al Soltan Qalawoon Mosque, Cairo, Egypt
15. Shiraz, Iran
16. Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran
17. Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran
18. Sheikh Lutf Allah Mosque,Isfahan, Iran
19. Bahaud-Din Naqshband Mausoleum, Bukhara, Uzbekistan
20. Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran
21. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi, UAE
22. Blue Mosque, Istanbul
23. Grand Mosque, Muscat, Oman
24. Grand Mosque, Dubai, UAE
We would appreciate more pictures of inspiring mosque ceilings, so don’t hesitate to submit photos below.