Saudi authorities are very strict when it comes to imposing penalties on the people who help the Hajj or the Umrah pilgrims by providing them shelter to overstay in Saudi Arabia. Over stayers are penalized too as well as those people who helped them.
Punishments of sheltering the Hajj and Umrah over stayer
1. If the violator is an expatriate resident, his fines are SR 10 000 or a one-month imprisonment or both along with the termination of his Iqama and deportation.
2. If the violator is a citizen, his fines are SR 10 000 and a minimum of two weeks imprisonment for the first offense. SR 20 000 and one-month imprisonment for the second offense and SR 30 000 and three months imprisonment for the third offense.
3. The fines are multiplied according to the number of individuals that are involved
4. If the citizen is not able to pay his fines, he will be imprisoned for an interval between 1 to 6 months
5. The violator’s penalty will be published in the local press with the judgment thereon according to the censure instructions
6. Renting a residence to the over stayers will consider the renter as a violator. He shall submit a pledge that will be kept for future reference. If the violation is repeated, the housing unit will be closed for six months and one year for the second offense. Closure of two years for the third offense.
7. In the first instance, Saudi violator’s age and health condition shall be considered for the duration of imprisonment, evidenced by certified documents.