What to Do If Exit Re-Entry Visa Expires While You Are Outside KSA?

When you go out of the Kingdom, for whatever purpose, and you need to come back at a specified time, you need to have an exit re-entry visa that is issued by your sponsor or Kafeel. Likewise, you need to come back to Saudi Arabia within the period specified on your visa.

However, what if your visa has expired and you are still outside Saudi? What do you need to do?

On normal situations, a person whose visa is already expired will not be allowed to come back to Saudi Arabia since the document is no longer valid.

read more


How to Reprint Exit Re-entry Visa for Dependents Online?

If you are an employee, you need to have a copy of your exit re-entry visa from your sponsor (employer) to go out of Saudi Arabia. However, if  you have dependents that need to have an exit re-entry visa, then you can issue it all by yourself as you are considered as the sponsor of your dependents.

Now, there really are instances wherein the copy of this visa is unfortunately lost. You can always ask a copy of it from your sponsor. But if you want to do the re-printing by yourself and not to bother them, then it is also possible and that you can have access to a copy of your exit re-entry visa personally. Please take note that some procedures may have already changed after this writing.

read more


What to Do If a Dependent’s Exit Re-Entry Visa Is Expired While Outside KSA?

Once the exit re-entry visa of your dependents expire, they will not be able to come back to Saudi Arabia unless your sponsor or Kafeel makes extra effort to have you back. Since you are the Kafeel of your dependents, everything is in your hands to process.

Know the Iqama status:

  1. The first step to be taken is for you to ensure that your dependent still has a valid Iqama. If the Iqama is no longer valid, then there is no more chance for your dependent to come back as you can no longer do anything in cases like this.
  2. Given that the Iqama is still valid, your second step will be to check for the date of expiry of the exit re-entry visa. Any person with a valid Iqama can still enter the Kingdom even after the expiry of the exit re-entry visa as long as it is within 7 months. If the holder is a student, the period may be lengthen up to 13 months. The counting of the date will start from the day that the exit re-entry visa expires.

Steps to take for the extension of the exit re-entry visa after it expires

  1. Proceed to the Passport or Jawazat office and get a Family Registration Document. Mention all members of your family when you fill up the document. You need to show your valid Iqama to them to undergo the process. The form that you will need to fill up will look like the one below.
  2. Once you have filled out the form, proceed to the Abshir Office located inside the Jawazat Office. Again, you need to fill out a form. The form will still include all family details such as the expiry date of the exit re-entry visa. The officer in the office will sign and stamp the form you have filled to ensure that the one you are applying the extension for is indeed a legitimate member of your family. This process is called Maloomat an Muqeem. After which, these documents should be attested by the MOI.
  3. Write a letter addressed to the Saudi Embassy of the country where your dependent is staying stating your wish to extend the visa period of your dependent and to allow him or her to come back to Saudi Arabia. You can ask from the agents who are in front of the Jawazat Office for the format in writing this letter. It is also important that you put in your signature to the letter as the Kafeel of your dependent, as well as your employer.
  4. You need a letter from your employer stating the request for the Ministry of Interior to attest the documents you have from the Jawazat Office.
  5. These letters should be stamped by the Chamber of Commerce where you are residing too. When you go to the Chamber of Commerce for the stamping purposes, it is important that you take note of several key points for the attestation of these documents. You should know these prior to going to the Chamber of Commerce.
  6. All three documents (one letter from the CoC and two documents from the Passport Office with the MOI attestation) need to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  7. If the dependent who have overstayed is a student and he/she stayed for more than 7 months, a letter from his/her school or university saying that he/she is currently studying at the institution is needed. There should be attestation made by the Notary Public or any institution accepted by the Saudi Embassy.
  8. Give all of the processed documents to the agent which you will hire for the processing of the visa in your home country and ask him/her to process the visa for you as soon as possible. The visa with a stamp will look like the one below.

Now, if you want to do this process for your dependents back home, you should first contact an Agent/Agency from your home country. Talk to them and ask what exactly the Saudi Embassy requires because at the end of the day, it is the embassy of Saudi Arabia in your country who will approve the request.  There may be some fees associated with this process.

read more